Revisionary (”Re-do”) Reconstruction
For a variety of reasons, patients who have already undergone a breast reconstruction may become dissatisfied with the results over time. Drs. Vickery and Keegan offer individually customized "revisionary" reconstructions for patients who wish to correct or improve the results of their previous surgery.
No two patients are exactly like, and our development of revisionary and hybrid reconstruction techniques were a natural response to our patients’ complex problems. Top plastic surgeons in NYC, Drs. Vickery, Keegan and Maman are New York’s longest-tenured microsurgery team, and their breadth of technique leads to a wealth of innovative, customizable options. Drs. Vickery and Keegan regularly receive referrals from oncologists nationwide, seeking their expertise in a wide spectrum of reconstruction procedures.Revisionary reconstructions may be ideal for patients who:
- need to replace an old, failed, or uncomfortable breast implant
- are unhappy with the look or feel of implants, and would prefer the natural, long-lasting results of an autologous reconstruction
- experience weight gain in the native breast, but not in the reconstructed breast
- have asymmetry in their breast area due to other physical changes
- would like to take advantage of higher-quality implants that are now available
For a consultation, call (212) 288-9800.