Ear Reshaping Procedures at our NYC Facilities
The term otoplasty refers to a range of customizable procedures that reshape or reposition a patient’s ears. Otoplasty surgeries sculpt the ear cartilage to correct structural abnormalities, rebuild ears after an injury, or bring ears into balance with the rest of a patient’s facial features. The ultimate goal of ear reshaping is to provide harmonious, natural-looking results.
Ear surgeries can be used to:
- re-set prominent ears closer to the head
- reduce the size of large ears
- rebuild ears after an injury
- reshape stretched earlobes, or lobes with large creases and wrinkles
- improve the appearance of ears that are missing certain features, such as the curve in the outer rim or other natural folds
Most otoplasty procedures take two to three hours, depending on the patient’s specific needs. Otoplasties are often performed as an outpatient procedure, but many patients choose to stay overnight in our facility, where they receive one-on-one nursing care in our private recovery rooms.
For a consultation, call (212) 288-9800.