Chemical Peels at Our NYC Facilities
Chemical peels, also known as chemexfoliation or derma-peeling, can improve the health and appearance of skin. When applied to the face, neck, or hands, chemical peels cause older layers of skin to “blister” and peel off. This process stimulates the growth of a new layer of skin that is smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.Chemical peels may be used for any of the following:
- reducing fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- treating wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, or hereditary factors
- improving the appearance of superficial blemishes and mild scarring
- correcting pigment problems such as age spots, freckles, and melasma
- treating certain types of acne
- improving the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture or color
As with any procedure, chemical peels should be used as part of a multi-faceted approach to skin care. Drs. Vickery and Keegan have decades of experience with a broad range of surgical and non-surgical enhancements, and they specialize in helping patients customize an ideal regimen for their goals and skin type.
For a consultation, call (212) 288-9800.