Microdermabrasion in Our NYC Facilities
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses tiny microcrystals to gently exfoliate the skin. The procedure removes the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells, revealing younger, healthier-looking skin. Microdermabrasion leads to the production of a new layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, improving the skin’s appearance.Microdermabrasion may be used for any of the following:
- reducing “dullness” that accompanies aging skin
- smoothing out fine wrinkle lines
- softening acne scars and other forms of scarring
- treating hyperpigmentation
- smoothing out Keratosis Pilaris, allowing topicals to work more effectively
- opening blackheads and keeping pores clean
Like all facial procedures, such as facelifts and eyelid surgery, microdermabrasion should be used as part of a multifaceted, holistic approach to beauty. Drs. Vickery and Keegan can help you select a comprehensive regimen specifically designed for your goals and skin type.
For a consultation, call (212) 288-9800.